Total Pageviews

Monday 21 April 2014

Progress and Soundtracks

I've been going through a bit of a lean spell with the ol' writing in the last few weeks. But that seems to be improving at the moment and I'm making decent progress on my cosmic-weird horror novella VERMILION FIELDS while researching all kinds of strange stuff and getting some ideas down for various short stories. So I can't complain really. But I probably will at some point anyway. It's in my nature and I'm British...


Been listening to a lot of Suede, Radiohead, Portishead and Manic Street Preachers while writing. Good music helps, especially when trying to imagine blasted wastelands and cosmic entities that can devour planets like a pregnant woman would gobble up Maltesers. Since I finished my forthcoming novel THE LAST PLAGUE I've tried to take writing more seriously and I've attempted to get some words down every day even when there hasn't been much time, but it's bloody hard sometimes (most of the time) and there's always some household job to do or the temptation to procrastinate, but I think I'm getting there. But it's a long bloody road and there're a lot of potholes.

As long as there is coffee and cheese, there will be words.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment